Sunday, July 31, 2011

Bye Terrells!

Today I went with the rest of my family to the airport as they left for Ethiopia! I thought it would be a great time to have a blog entry of fun photos from the trip; unfortunately, I can't figure out how to get the photos off of my dad's camera and onto my computer. . . So, you will just need to contact my parents when they return to see photos!

We had a great last day as a family. Our friend and chef at Kwa Babu made us lots of Swedish pancakes for breakfast. We went back to our church and had many good-byes there. In fact, we were literally the last people at church. Felt just like home :) We then returned to Kwa Babu and had some cupcakes and good-byes with our Tanzanian family. The friends we have made here are so so wonderful; this place really is home away from home!

Dropping my family off at the airport was quite sad. We haven't spent six weeks together in years! We are so blessed to have been able to share this time and these amazing adventures. Luckily, the ride back dispelled the downer mood, as a civil engineer, two nuns and I rocked out to Mariah Carey.

I'm sure many of you will see my family soon and be able to hear in person more details of the trip. Otherwise, feel free to email!

Blessings,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment